The cheesy Mexican chicken lasagna is perfect for those colder days or when its wet outside. This extra cheesy lasagna recipe is both simple and delicious to make. It takes approximately 1 hour to prepare and cook, and you will have a fabulous meal for the whole family to enjoy. This is the perfect dish to make if you have leftover vegetables or meat and want to use them up. You can also make a vegetarian version very easily as well.
How To Make Cheesy Mexican Chicken Lasagna
- 3 – 4 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can fiesta nacho cheese
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 can mild Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 large, burrito style flour tortillas
- 1 cup frozen (or canned, drained) corn niblets
- 1 can rinsed black beans
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- garnishes – chopped tomatoes, fresh cilantro, pickled jalapeno slices, sour cream, lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix together the first six ingredients to make the filling(chicken, chicken soup, mushroom soup, nacho cheese, tomatoes, and cilantro).
- Add 1 cup of the filling into a casserole dish prepared with cooking spray. Then just start layering all the ingredients. Remember, if you want different ingredients, here is your time to be totally creative.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil. Try to not let the foil touch the cheese. Bake covered for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F, then uncovered for 10 minutes, or until heated all the way through. Reminder – if you made this ahead of time and refrigerated it, it will take longer to heat through.
- Top with your favorite garnishes. I used grape tomatoes, slices pickled jalapenos, fresh cilantro. Add some great flavors on the side – sour cream, lime wedges. And you are ready to go!! This would also be great for a potluck meal. Original Mexican Chicken Lasagna Picture and Recipe here
Easy Mexican Chicken Lasagna
So as you can see this Mexican chicken lasagna (also known sometimes as Mexican chicken casserole) looks delicious, and believe me, it tastes just as awesome. If you like our recipes, please SHARE with your friends.